About our department
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1954. Prof KC Papoo (Late) was the first teacher of the Department.
The courses offered are
- B.Sc Chemistry (1954)
- B.Sc Polymer Chemistry (1993)
- M.Sc Chemistry (1995)
- Ph.D Programme (2013)
The vision of ‘Post graduate and Research Department of Chemistry’ is to mould the students by providing quality education and value based growth. This will in turn help our students to become socially responsible citizens. We also aim at high academic results which go hand in hand with co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
The Department has a ‘Chemistry Forum’ which is a special body comprising of students and faculty members of the department. The prime objective of the forum is to inculcate a genuine interest in the field of chemistry and to provide awareness on the various career opportunities. Variety of programmes like seminars, topical lectures, cultural activities, quiz, lecture competitions etc are arranged for students to make the best use of their talents.
The department has an alumni association which was started in 2007 with the motto ‘rediscovering bond energy’. There is also an alumni website for updating the activities of the association.